Online Used Cars , Exporting Cars From USA To Greece - Auction Export
How to Export Cars from the USA to Greece?
If you are looking forward to export cars from the USA to Greece, then you will have to complete a lot of paperwork. Exporting used cars is different when compared to the new cars. Thus, following are the conditions for government employees and civilians to export cars to Greece.
- Obtain the original certificate of title. In case you do not have certificate of title, you also might want to use possession rights, the sales invoice as ownership proof.
- In case of a leased car, you will have to provide the letter of authorization with the complete vehicle description from the leaser, which shows the leaser’s consent for exportation of the car.
- If the car owns scrap or junk status, then you will have to provide scrap of junk certificate as the ownership proof.
- Finally, you will have to present the car to the custom authorities along with the documents and the vehicle identification number in not less than 72 hours, prior to its export date. They will check the authenticity of the documents and the condition of the car.
Exportation for Government Employees
- In case you are a government employee, then you will have to provide the official transfer orders to the custom authorities.
- You will also have to provide the private vehicle shipping documents to the custom authorities.
- If the vehicle has Department of States registration, then you’ll have to provide a certified title copy.
Finally, after receiving the vehicle in Greece, you’ll have to present it to the nearest custom authorities for VAT exemption. The imported vehicle will have to pass through a test at KTEO (Vehicle Technical Control Centre) before it is handed over to you.